Popular Posts

Saturday 8 February 2014

Rooney turns to God TV


His team suffered their eighth league defeat this season after losing 2-1 against Stoke City last Saturday.

And it seems that Wayne Rooney, 28, has taken to praying for divine intervention as he tweeted that he was watching God TV.

Just hours after his team had suffered the loss, the striker wrote on Twitter, “@godtv I’m watching and feel you. Much love.”

The tweet was later deleted after supporters of rival teams had poked fun at him and Manchester United boss David Moyes.

One football fan tweeted, “Your team’s gonna need more than God to resurrect your top four  hopes.”

Another wrote, “Is Rooney okay? Tweeting Godtv at 2am, has he turned to God cos of Moyes?’

Even Man United supporters joined in, with one writing, “Obviously that means we’re signing God in the summer.”

The player has revealed that he is a Catholic and often prays, including just before a match.

“I pray to God, of course. I believe in God,” Rooney had  told presenter Richard Keys on talkSPORT Radio.

“I pray in the physio room. I go in after my warm-up. I basically spend a few minutes in there on my own.

“It is something I have always done. I pray at night. I pray for my family and friends and for the health of everyone I love.”

Meanwhile, Rooney  is reported to  have been offered a deal to become captain of Manchester United.

The Daily Mirror reports that he will be offered a new four-and-a-half year deal worth around £300,000-a-week.

Source: dailymail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment