Popular Posts

Monday 3 March 2014

Overconfident in Pakistan perseverance: Mohammad


All-rounder Mohammad Hafeez emerged the proud recipient of the Man of the Match accolade, after Pakistan beat India by one wicket in Sunday's important Asia Cup fixture in Dhaka.

Hafeez opened the bowling attack and snared two crucial wickets in a final total of 245 for eight, later scoring a fine 75 in a triumphant pursuit with two deliveries to spare.

His dismissals of the dangerous Shikhar Dhawan and wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik were well complemented by a vigil that spanned 117 deliveries and featured a trio of fours and twin sixes.

"The way we won that game was terrific. The role given to me was that of a number three batsman. Things are working for me and I am happy. Whenever there is a left-hander, the captain calls me to bowl with the new ball," said Hafeez.

"I am happy to do it for Pakistan. We lost four early wickets but we were looking to play normal cricket. I thank the crowd and dedicate this win for the Pakistan people."

No comments:

Post a Comment