Popular Posts

Tuesday 25 February 2014

Klopp reveals Messi affection


Borussia Dortmund manager Jurgen Klopp has admitted to his admiration of Barcelona's Lionel Messi whom he described as his fantasy signing.
The BVB boss has is currently on the hunt for the replacement for star-striker Robert Lewandowski, who will join bitter rivals Bayern Munich next season.
He declared that if he had deep coffers he would go after the Barca superstar ahead of both his Ballon d'Or rivals Franck Ribery and Cristiano Ronaldo.
"I would sign Messi," Klopp is quoted as saying by Sport. "I also love how Ribery and Ronaldo play, but what Messi does in the pitch is awesome. And he has improved over the years."
The 46-year-old also spoke about his style of coaching, saying: "I'm a genuine team player actually. In the course of a day I do take a relatively large number of decisions, but fortunately I've assembled a team around me.

"I'm no longer forced to take all the decisions myself. Lots of expert eyes see more than just the two of mine. I don't care much for being thought of as a hero.
"I like to treat my players as co-workers. Provided the team accepts this approach, it can work well. However, if any of my players was to start thinking he now had the right to debate line-ups or training drills with me he'd be making a fundamental error.
"What I say goes. But outside of training you can deal with me as you would with anyone else," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment